Welcome to the Care Matters podcast.
On this page you can listen to all of our podcast episodes in the Care Matters series. If you have a comment for us about the series, please click here get in touch.
The Care Matters podcast is produced by Dan Williamson at the Centre for Care and CIRCLE.
We are delighted to welcome three esteemed guests to Care Matters; Professor Nancy Folbre, Dr Naomi Lightman and Professor Shereen Hussein. In this episode, hosted by Dr Duncan Fisher, our guests discuss the devaluation and underpayment of care work.
Drawing on experiences from the USA, Canada and the UK, they consider the challenges of assigning value to care, emphasising social, cultural and intergenerational dimensions.
Within the main Care Matters Series are mini-series which focus on a particular area or issue in Social Care.
Digital Care Futures
- Commissioning differently: Evolving personalised care with technology
- Digital Shift and Connectivity
- Start ups and Innovators
Sustainable Care and COVID-19
- Migrant Workers and the Delivery of Long Term Care in Austria, Australia and the UK
- Homecare during the pandemic: how can technology aid care provision?
- Technology Enabled Care Services and the pandemic: a catalyst for change
- Transnational care in the pandemic
- Reforming adult social care – what COVID has told us
How Language Matters
Authors of Care
You can listen and subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Podbean, Spotify, Amazon Music/Audible, or use the player below.
Click on an episode title to play, use the scroll bar or tabs to find more episodes.